Thursday, July 30, 2009

P.M. Sing

I was fortunate I didn't really suffer P.M.S cramps since I started having my period in high school until before I had my daughter. The only thing I would feel during those times were extraordinary sleepiness. I would just sleep whenever I could and I was fine. I still feel that now. And cry. Or laugh. I don't know... for some reason, I become extremely sentimental or happy when I am P.M.Sing. Crabby? Well, I get crabby when I am starving. That's another story.

Someone I know gets super depressed when she was P.M.Sing. When I was with her, it was so difficult for me to get along with her. She wouldn't smile or talk... the worst thing was that she would stare at me like she was mad at me. I, of course, didn't understand her extreme mood swings. It was hard because she was the sweetest kind of person... she was very fun too. But when she is P.M.Sing she seemed to be a different person. Being that I didn't have issues other than sleepiness on my time of the month, it took me a while to understand her and to be a support to her rather than be offended. When I said this, I do not mean to say that I support her mood swings and that it is okay to be mean or depressed during this particular time. Because it is not okay...

When I am hungry or when I am craving for a certain food, I can get really grouchy... the target of it is usually my husband. I try to have "emergency food" in my purse. It is my effort to keep me sane during "hungry" times. I hate being crabby. I hate showing it to my husband. It is plain childishness. I want to mature. I want to be a blessing to my husband and to those around me. It is not okay to be crabby in front of my husband or others. When I am grumpy, I don't show the light of Jesus. This is not to say that I am just gonna hide the real me... my real feelings and etc.. But this is to say that the fruit of the Spirit called, self-control needs to manifest during this particular time. I strive to show positive attitude not only around others but also when I am alone... and this is very possible through the help of the Holy Spirit.

It is never my goal to make Paul and others tiptoe around me because they know that at certain times I am crabby. When accidentally I show my grouchiness in front of him and others, I have a responsibility to apologize for my behavior and not justify my action. I do not want people to say, "I understand. I know you are P.M.S.ing." No! P.M.S. (or hunger in my case), is never a justification to act childish... and there's never a legitimate reason to be childish. Is there? Again, I remind myself that my response (to any circumstances) is my responsibility.

Here are a few verses I like...

A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing. Proverbs 9:13

[It is] better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house. Proverbs 21:9

[It is] better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman. Proverbs 21:9

No comments: