Monday, June 9, 2008

The Bride




Every girl has one grand dream and that is to someday become the most beautiful princess bride. Of who? Of the most handsome prince. As for me, it is a DREAM-COME-TRUE!

When I reached the age that most women get married, honestly, I started getting anxious. Questions like, "Will I be married to the man of my dreams?" But I didn't let that question manipulate me in such a way that I would make choices that jeopardize the coming true of my dream. Instead, I waited and waited and waited. Waiting is not fun, but it definitely is very rewarding. I didn't only waited, I also saved myself for the man God would send my way. I admit that along the way, I met several men that I thought would be my prince. But things with each of them were commonplace. Nothing special. Nothing grand. And something was wrong. I'd already convinced myself that when my prince would come, it would be perfectly beautiful. And that I would know that the time had come! I waited so many years for my prince to come. When he finally came, all the pains, worries and fears disappeared.

In the same way, the Church of Christ is eagerly anticipating for the coming of her Prince Bridegroom- the Lord Jesus Christ. As we wait for that glorious day- the marriage of the Lamb of God to us- His elect, we must save ourselves for Him alone. Let us not become deceived by those who come our way claiming to be Christ. "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24:5

No comments: